- Health Requirements
- Standard Check-in Check-out
- off-hours check-in/check-out
- holiday blackout dates policy
- doggie door-to-door shuttle service
We take some simple but necessary precautions.For the health and safety of our guests, dogs entering the Pooch Hotel for any of our services must be current in the following vaccinations and screenings:
- Distemper/Parvo or proof of titers
- Rabies if over 6 months of age (5 months of age in San Diego County)
- Annual Bordetella vaccine
- Annual Canine Influenza Virus (CIV) Vaccine (Chicago market only)- effective October 1, 2016
- Frontline (or similar) monthly flea and tick preventative medication
- Annual Fecal test with negative result required for group play – pets with positive fecal results will be accepted but will not be allowed in group play and will require a $25/day special handling fee.
- Intact Policy: Dogs who are intact (not spayed/neutered) will be allowed to stay at our hotels (with the exception of females while they are actively in heat). However, they will not be able to participate in group play with other guests if they are over 7 months of age. Instead of group play, our intact guests will take part in our Personal Play program.
Please have your vet’s office call or email us confirmation or bring photocopies upon Check-In.
Standard Check-in Check-out
Standard Hotel Check-Out is at noon, seven days a week.* Any dogs checking in or out outside of our normal hours will be subject to additional fees. Please see Off-Hours below.
*Front desk is closed New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Please note that although we are open for Check-In and Check-Out 24 hours, our normal day is from 7 am to 7 pm.
If checking in between 4am – 7 am, you will be subject to an additional fee of:
Boarding: 50% of overnight room rate
Daycare: $20 Early check-in fee
If checking in before 4am, you will be responsible for an overnight boarding fee for the previous night.
Boarding: Our overnight fee covers from 7am-12pm the following day. If checking out after 12pm on your check-out date, you will be responsible for a $6/hr late check-out fee. After 9pm, the late check-out fees are dropped and you will, instead, be responsible for an additional overnight charge.
Daycare: After 7pm, your daycare fee will be dropped and you will, instead, be responsible for an overnight charge.
Holiday Blackout Dates Policy
Holiday Blackout Dates for 2016/2017 include:
Christmas/New Year: December 21st, 2016 – January 2nd, 2017
Chicago: March 17th – April 16th, 2017
Richardson: March 3rd – March 19th, 2017 & April 14th – April 16th, 2017
San Diego: March 24th – April 9th, 2017 & April 14th – April 16th, 2017
South Bay: April 7th – April 23rd, 2017
West LA: April 7th – April 23rd, 2017
Hollywood: April 7th – April 23rd, 2017
Sunnyvale: April 7th – April 16th, 2017
Newton: April 13th – April 23rd, 2017
Norwalk: April 7th – April 16th, 2017
Memorial Day: May 26th – May 29th, 2017
Independence Day: June 30th – July 4th, 2017
Labor Day: September 1st – September 4th, 2017
Thanksgiving: November 22nd – November 26th, 2017
Christmas/New Year’s: December 21st, 2017 – January 1st, 2018
When making reservations that fall during any of our holiday blackout dates, please be advised that your reservation is subject to a 10% nightly premium and a deposit of 25% of the overnight accommodation fees (or a minimum one night deposit) due at the time of the reservation booking. This deposit is only refundable if reservations are cancelled prior to fourteen (14) days before the reservation start date.
If we do not receive your cancellation by the morning of your scheduled check-in or if you are a no-show, the credit card on file will be charged for the reservation in its entirety.
While we understand that travel plans can change, we DO NOT overbook our suite and there is a lot of demand. The space for your pet is guaranteed when you provide a deposit.
The remaining cost of the stay will be charged at the time of check out.
Pooch Hotel complies with all local, state and federal licensing requirements. If you have questions, please enquire at your local Pooch Hotel location for details.
Doggie Door-to-Door Shuttle Service
May vary based on weather and traffic. Service area is within a 5-mile radius of your Pooch Hotel location. Requires transportation at least two days a week to reserve van space. Vaccination and temperament test requirements apply. Call for more information.