- health requirements
- standard check-in/check-out
- off-hours check-in/check-out
- pricing terms and package expirations
- holiday blackout dates policy
- doggie door-to-door shuttle service
We take some simple but necessary precautions.For the health and safety of our guests, dogs entering the Pooch Hotel for any of our services must be current in the following vaccinations and screenings:
- Distemper/Parvo or proof of titers
- Rabies if over 4 months of age
- Annual Bordetella vaccine
- Annual Canine Influenza Virus (CIV) Vaccine (Chicago market only)- effective October 1, 2016
- Frontline (or similar) monthly flea and tick preventative medication
- Annual Fecal test with negative result required for group play – pets with no fecal or positive fecal results will be accepted but will not be allowed in group play and will require a $25/day special handling fee and outside walks only.
- Intact Policy: Dogs who are intact (not spayed/neutered) will be allowed to stay at our hotels (with the exception of females while they are actively in heat). However, they will not be able to participate in group play with other guests if they are over 7 months of age. Instead of group play, our intact guests will take part in our Personal Play program.
Please have your vet’s office call or email us confirmation or bring photocopies upon Check-In.
We operate 24hours, every day of the year, to provide the best care for your pets and convenience and customer service for you. Because we are a 24-hour operation, we must define our check-in and check-out times – similar to human hotels! Some fees may apply for checking in early or checking out late, but you have the convenience of check-in/check-out according to your schedule needs.
Standard daycare day is 7:00am – 7:00pm & standard boarding stay is 7:00am – 12:00pm the following day. Note: Paw Perks members receive complimentary early check-in and late check-out hours based on status. See Paw Perks page for more information.
Please note that although we are open for Check-In and Check-Out 24 hours, our normal daycare day is from 7:00am to 7:00pm and a standard boarding stay is 7:00am to 12:00pm the following day. Note: Paw Perks members receive complimentary early check-in and late check-out hours based on status. See Paw Perks page for more information.
- Daycare check-in & check-out outside of standard hours:
- Early check-in from 4:00am to 7:00am: $20
- Late check-out from 7:00pm to 9:00pm: $6/hr.
- Late check-out after 9:00pm: converts to an overnight charge (price varies based on type of daycare day – single day, package or membership)
- Boarding check-in & check-out outside of standard hours:
- Early check-in from 4:00am to 7:00am: 50% of overnight suite rate
- Late check-out after 12:00pm: $6/hr.
- Late check-out after 9:00pm: converts to an additional overnight charge
Pricing, Terms & Package Expirations
- Prices and rules are subject to change without notice
Daycare & Boarding packages are intended to offer a promotional price for frequent guests within a 90 day period
- No package refunds after 30 days from date of purchase.
- For package refunds within 30 days, nights or days used will be charged at single day or night (depending on the package purchased) at non-promotional rates and deducted from the purchase price.
- Package expires 90-days from the date of purchase or from the date the first package day is applied, whichever is earlier and unused days will be forfeited.
- Reservations required and based on availability.
- Daycare package days can be used as payment for a day of daycare or as payment for boarding late check out fees.
- Promotional, corporate or other partner discounts are not always the same for packages. Discounts on packages may be lower since package pricing is already promotional/discounted pricing.
- Multiple pet discounts are not necessarily the same for packages for multiple pets. Similar to corporate discounts, since multiple pet pricing is already discounted, package discount may vary on additional pets.
- Packages for additional dogs should only be used when multiple dogs are utilizing the package on the same day.
- Boarding packages not available at all locations.
Unlimited Monthly Memberships are intended for our most frequent guests to provide access to daycare everyday within a 30 day period – like a gym membership!
- No Monthly Membership refunds after 10 days from date of purchase and memberships are not transferable.
- For Monthly Membership refunds within 10 days, days used will be charged at full day non-promotional rate and deducted from the purchase price.
- Unlimited Monthly Membership expires 30-days from the date of purchase or from the date the first package day is applied, whichever is earlier.
- Monthly Membership requires a credit card on file and renews automatically at expiration unless cancelled at least 3 days prior to renewal.
- Unlimited Monthly Membership holders can utilize boarding during the month at a discounted supplemental nightly rate (ask a Pawcierge for nightly supplemental rates for your location). – NEW!
- Promotional, corporate or other partner discounts are not always the same for memberships. Discounts on memberships may be lower since membership pricing is already promotional/discounted pricing.
- Multiple pet discounts are not necessarily the same for memberships for multiple pets. Similar to corporate discounts, since multiple pet pricing is already discounted, membership discount may vary on additional pets.
- Memberships for additional dogs should only be used when multiple dogs are utilizing the membership on the same day.
- Sunnyvale Only: month-to-month unlimited monthly memberships do not require a credit card on file and can be turned on and off at any time.
Dog Walking Memberships offer discounted prices to our regular dog walk clients and are purchased as a set number of walks for a five week period (available at select locations)
- No dog walking membership refunds after 10 days from date of purchase.
- For dog walking membership refunds within 10 days, walks used will be charged at Single Walk rate and deducted from the purchase price.
- Dog walking memberships expired 35 days from the date of purchase or from the date the first walk is taken, whichever is earlier.
- Dog walking memberships renew automatically at expiration unless cancelled at least 3 days prior to renewal.
- Regular schedule walking schedule is required for members. Exceptions to regular schedule will be accommodated where possible but may be charged at single walk rate.
For Pet Parents who book boarding reservations that are longer than 10 days:
- We require a 50% deposit at the time of booking.
- We require that Pet Parents must have a valid credit card on file.
- After the halfway point, we will charge the credit card on file weekly. Any applicable remaining balance will be due upon checkout.
- Note that the deposit is fully refundable, unless dates of a reservation fall within our holiday/blackout period. In this case, the portion of the deposit that covers the holiday/blackout period follows our holiday deposit policy, and is only refundable if the reservation is canceled prior to fourteen (14) days before the reservation start date and time. If the reservation is canceled within fourteen (14) days of the holiday dates within the extended reservation, the 25% holiday deposit is non-refundable and the portion of the extended stay deposit that is greater than the 25% holiday deposit will be refunded.
Holiday Blackout Dates Policy
Holiday Blackout Dates for 2018/2019 include:
Labor Day 2018: August 31st – September 3rd, 2018
Thanksgiving 2018: November 21st – November 25th, 2018
Christmas 2018/New Year’s 2019: December 21st, 2018 – January 6th, 2019
Mid-Winter Break 2019:
Chicago: February 15th – February 18th, 2019
Sunnyvale: February 15th – February 24th, 2019
Newton: February 15th – February 24th, 2019
Norwalk: February 15th – February 18th, 2019
Spring Break/Easter 2019:
Chicago: March 15th – March 31st, 2019 & April 12th – April 22nd, 2019
Richardson: March 8th – March 17th, 2019 & April 19th – April 22nd, 2019
Sunnyvale: April 12th – April 22nd, 2019
Newton: April 12th – April 22nd, 2019
Norwalk: April 12th – April 22nd, 2019
Memorial Day 2019: May 24th – May 27th, 2019
Independence Day 2019: July 3rd – July 7th, 2019
Labor Day 2019: August 30th – September 2nd, 2019
Thanksgiving 2019: November 27th – December 1st, 2019
Christmas 2019/New Year’s 2020: December 20th, 2019 – January 5th, 2020
When making boarding reservations that fall during any of our holiday blackout dates, please be advised that your reservation is subject to a 10% nightly premium and a deposit of 25% of the overnight accommodation fees (or a minimum one night deposit) due at the time of the reservation booking. This deposit is only refundable if reservations are cancelled prior to fourteen (14) days before the reservation start date.
If we do not receive your cancellation by the morning of your scheduled check-in or if you are a no-show, the credit card on file will be charged for the reservation in its entirety.
While we understand that travel plans can change, we DO NOT overbook our suite and there is a lot of demand. The space for your pet is guaranteed when you provide a deposit.
The remaining cost of the stay will be charged at the time of check out.
Due to the increase in hotel guests during holiday blackout periods, we may limit daycare to Paw Perks Platinum Members and Unlimited Monthly Daycare Members only. If daycare spaces are available during these limited times, holiday rates will apply. Please speak with your Pooch Hotel team about holiday rates and availability.
Please note: promotional discounts are not valid during holiday black-out periods.
Pooch Hotel complies with all local, state and federal licensing requirements. If you have questions, please enquire at your local Pooch Hotel location for details.
Doggie Door-to-Door Shuttle Service
May vary based on weather and traffic. Service area is within a 5-mile radius of your Pooch Hotel location. Requires transportation at least two days a week to reserve van space. Vaccination and temperament test requirements apply. Call for more information.