We know how important proper socialization is for creating a happy and well-adjusted pup and that is why we have different programs to offer our guests at every age!
- Puppy stage is up to 5 months
- After 5 months, puppies transition to the adolescent stage until 1-2 years, where they may try pushing boundaries or exhibit some behavior regression
- They’re learning at every experience
- Can learn to bully or be bullied if not monitored in group play
- Aren’t physically developed and can hurt themselves
- Are at greater risk when exposed to unvaccinated dogs
- Benefit from limited play or our puppy play experience
- Need rest but energetic behavior is often misinterpreted as needing more exercise when it’s actually a result of being overstimulated
It can be difficult for pet parents to ensure that their new pups get the proper amount of socialization. We can help! We offer a program, Puppy’s Day Out, every Tuesday from 10AM-4PM that provides puppies up to 5 months a condensed day of daycare with activities specifically geared toward proper socialization and building comfort with new things.
Why A Puppy’s Day Out Program?
Research has shown that the first 20 weeks of a puppy’s life are crucial to their social development. Puppies that have a wide variety of positive experiences with people, environments and other animals will be better able to calmly accept these things when they are adults.
What’s Included in a Puppy’s Day Out?
- 10:00am – 11:00am Drop-off
- 11:00am – 12:30pm Puppy Play Group
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm Lunch & Rest*
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm Puppy Socialization Exercises**
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Pick-up
*For lunch, pet parents have the option to bring food for their puppies. An intentional rest period will follow to help teach puppies to relax in new places and avoid overstimulation. A bully stick or peanut butter kong is included in the price and will be given during this time.
**Socialization exercises will consist of themed activities to introduce puppies to new sounds, objects, people and textures that rotate weekly. Treats will be given to create positive associations, so please let us know if your puppy has any allergies.
Requirements for Puppy’s Day Out:
- Guests must be between 8 weeks and 5 months old and have all age appropriate vaccinations (minimum of first round shots by 8 weeks, with all other shots completed by 16 weeks)
- Occurs every Tuesday of the week; Advanced reservation is required
- Cost is $25-30 for the day (price varies by market, multiple pet discount does not apply)
- $30 for Chicago and Denver
- $25 for Dallas and Richardson
- If you require extended care, including early drop-off (between 7:00am-10:00am) or late pick-up (between 4:00pm-7:00pm), an additional charge will be added as follows:
- $2.75/hour for Chicago
- $1.25/hour for Denver, Dallas, and Richardson
- Standard fees apply for arrivals and departures outside regular daycare hours of 7:00am-7:00pm
To make a reservation, visit MyParadise | MyPooch and select Puppy’s Day Out (under Daycare).
What To Expect During A Regular Daycare Or Boarding Visit
We have created a special Puppy Play Program to help introduce your new fur-baby to our hotel and help puppies be most successful in transitioning to playgroups long-term. As with young kids, puppies need help learning social cues and can sometimes get overstimulated by all the excitement of their new friends and don’t know how to take a break. We also follow strict cleaning procedures to minimize risk of illness within a controlled environment of other puppies.
Why A Puppy Play Program?
- Certain large breed pups are too small for big dog playgroups and are not appropriate for small dog playgroups
- Puppies need a lot of rest
- It’s beneficial for puppies to learn appropriate behavior from additional people
- Helps keep them safe
- Helps keep them from practicing inappropriate play
What’s Included In A Puppy Play Program?
- Complimentary Playful Pooch Package (added to regular daycare and boarding visits) – Two additional playtimes with a human friend, or with other puppies (when available) or other suitable temperament dogs (when puppies aren’t available).
- Up to three (3) 10-15min play sessions (plus AM/PM potty breaks) throughout the day (the total number of play sessions received is dependent on when the pup is dropped off/picked up)
- Guests will be separated by size and temperament